Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Turning 8 is Great (a sketch challenge with DCD)

Welcome one and all to a new challenge with Die Cuttin' Divas.  The first Tuesday of the month means....a sketch challenge!!  I love sketches and lately I love using them to make cards for my pocket pages spreads.
I took a very wide and free approach to the sketch. staying away from the heart embellishments and not using an oval around my cake.
But.. when I gathered up cards for my Project Life spread  I knew I could create a fun display mixing my die-cuts and my cards.
See the cake design on the card? What if you create the layers of the card with other cards and make you die cut a cake so the candles go on top?  It totally blew me away when it got it to work just right and it was her 8th birthday so I covered up a few of the candles and - so happy with this.
The overall page turned out pretty good and I had a blast with the sketch. Hope you will too at Die Cuttin' Divas.

Supplies:
- Project Life Fine & Dandy Edition - all cards
- A Child's Year Cricut cartridge - 8
- Stretch your Imagination Cricut cartridge - cake

5 comments:

  1. Very festive and perfect for your PL pages!
    :) Janis, DT Sister, Die Cuttin' Divas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project life page!!! Great what you did with those cards!!! TFS and great take on the sketch!!! Have a great day.
    Gerda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! You are inspiring me to get back to my Project Life pages. It's been a while.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Sketches too - they can be so inspiring! LOVE your idea for your PL cards! Wonderful Take on this weeks Challenge! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous layout! Great colors and awesome cuts.

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.