Monday, August 3, 2015

It's a Good Day!!

It's a good day to have a good day and for me it is extra good because today is my first day as part of the Design Team at Bitten By The Bug 2.  This is a Cricut challenge site and since Cricut was my first love in cutting machines it is such a joy to be part of this great team.
This week the challenge host is Susan and she has asked us to create projects that inspire you to cool down by the sea (use images with palm tree, sand, beaches etc). For me a cool umbrella to lay around under is just right on the beach.
I started by creating this fun beach scene from the Formal Occasion cartridge. This cart has  some great backdrops meant to be for a dance theme.
I wanted my sandy beach to have a little more definition so I added some ink to it using a simple coloring tool and some ink.
My sunbather was from a different cartridge - Pack Your Bags. I used Design Space to make sure the scale of my images was correct before cutting everything. I was super happy with the end results.

Thanks for stopping by to visit.  I am super happy to be part of this fun challenge blog team. Hope you get a chance to join in our fun. The rules of the challenge are posted on the BBTB2 page, but the main rule - have fun with your Cricut.

Linking up with Craftin Desert Diva's Stay Cool Linky Party as well.

Supplies:
- Pack Your Bags Cricut Cartridge - sunbather
- Formal Occasion Cricut Cartridge - island scene
- Pink By Design - Stamp of the Month Feb 2013
- Sizzix embossing folder
- Memento Ink Desert Sand
- Fantastix coloring tool - bullet point by Tsukineko 

11 comments:

  1. This is a great card. I love the beach scene you created, very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad to have you joining our BBTB2 family of cricut lovers-I am looking forward to getting to know you through your blog and projects! Such a fun beachy scene-I always forget about that beach image on Formal Occasion!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I feel relaxed, just looking at your pretty card. I would love to be sitting in that lawn chair. Great job on the challenge and welcome to the BBTB2 team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I feel relaxed, just looking at your pretty card. I would love to be sitting in that lawn chair. Great job on the challenge and welcome to the BBTB2 team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy that you are a part of our family at BBTB2!!!!
    I so love the whole scene of your card. I'm with Caroline, would love to be lounging in that chair right about now!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great beach scene, LB. I want to be in that chair relaxing under the umbrella and palm trees.... Oh wait it is like 98 degrees out. Maybe not!! LOL. I love the photos and details you added on creating your card. Those are very informative! So happy to have you on the DT!
    xxSusan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and unique card! Thanks so much for joining Craftin' Desert Divas' Linky Party!

    Crystal
    crystalthompsoninks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this card...not only is it COOL to look at, it actually makes me think of the COOL ocean water and the COOL drink I could be drinking...lol. Thanks for sharing with Craftin Desert Divas "KEEPING COOL" Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cool and cute card ! I love the scene you created ! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin' Desert Divas Keeping Cool Linky Party !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra DTM

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.