Monday, August 17, 2015

Berry Sweet

It is a berry sweet day. Our host at Bitten By the Bug 2, Brenda, has asked us to showcase those wonderful summer fruits we all love to enjoy on the hot days of the season. I went with strawberries because they happen to be my daughter's favorite.
The whole thing really got started with this fun rainbow of ribbons I had in my collection. I loved the colors and thought they would work  great so I placed them onto a card base. I set them aside waiting for the right inspiration.
Strawberries work perfect with these fun colors.  I added cute Peachy Keen faces and some white seeds to make them even more fun.
Sitting a top a embossed base and a simple sentiment - that matched pretty perfectly were the finishing touches.

Thanks for visiting with me today. I hope you get a chance to play along with us at BBTB2 this week - show us your fun summer fruits. Remember this is a Cricut based challenge so some Cricut cut needs to be used.

Supplies:
- Preserves Cricut Cartridge - strawberries
- Alphalicious Cricut Cartridge - scalloped circle tag
- Amy Tangerine ribbon collection
- Pink By Design Orange You Awesome stamp set
- Peachy Keen Simple Simon 1 1/8 faces
- Zig writer Chalk collection

7 comments:

  1. L.B., your card is too cute! Love the ribbon background - wonderful idea. And those sweet berries are darling!!
    xxSusan

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the design team. Love the ribbon background on your sweet berry card. So colorful

    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea to use ribbons this way. They certainly do look great with these happy strawberries. Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the ribbons as your bg colors!! And your strawberries with their darling faces are just way to cute!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rainbow of ribbons! This is so colorful and pretty-love it!!!!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.