Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cooking Can be Murder

Next week it is finally showtime for this year's school play, Cooking Can Be Murder. As a way for me to honor the hard work my actors put in with me for 4 months, I always create a fun a fun wall display in the main hallway. I enjoyed creating this one to match our t-shirts and program logo for the show.

I started with a giant circle frame that I cut using Lyrical Letters and pieced together. The skull is made up of pieces from Indie Art, Everyday Paper dolls and Savory. I inked around the chef hat so it would stick out on the final banner.
For the letters I used my Cameo to cut the matching font from our logo. It is called Whimsy (love the name).
The final touch was all  the actors names.  I cut out a bunch of chef hats and rolling pins form Everyday Paper dolls and some popular mustaches using Billionaire. I layered these all over the banner in almost face like patterns.
The cast was delighted and we will take some photos in front of it soon...rehearsal time has been very full with tech and costume issues. I have so enjoyed this group of actors and am sad to see it end but proud of their work.

4 comments:

  1. Too cute Laura. Love the way the Hat, mustache then rolling pin, resembles a face. lol

    I know the kids are going to love it.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.