Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Die Cuttin' Diva Challenge

Good Morning all. It is Tuesday and that means a new challenge at Die Cuttin' Divas. This week the challenge is a sketch challenge. Here is the card  I created.
I loved the sketch when I first saw it and had so much fun creating this Valentine for my niece.

I cut my base using my Creative Memories oval cutter. Next, I selected one of the cupcakes on Simply Charmed, but I chopped off the cherry so it would match my paper and added some Diamond Stickles to make it sparkle. A little pink floss finished it off.
I added a white bow to the ribbon section and two heart shaped brads on the top before heading to the inside.

I added some more of the fun cupcake paper and one of my favorite sentiment stamps from the Pink By Design, You Are set.
NOW..remember when I almost didn't finish my card for Die Cuttin' Divas 2 weeks ago? It was because I got distracted by an email from the Divas. I am happy to announce that I have been asked to join the Design Team at Die Cuttin' Divas.
I am super excited. I found this challenge site a few months ago and it became a favorite right away. When they asked for new DT members I submitted my name and can now say I am a Diva!!  I hope you will head over and take part in these fun challenges starting on Tuesday each week and every other week a fantastic prize is awarded.

9 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeee this!! LOVING how you added the icing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...love the glittery icing!!Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaawwww...how sweet is this card? Love that yummy cupcake and your pretty background paper! Enjoyed playing along with you ladies today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so super sweet!! Love that back ground paper and sentiment you used!!
    Have a great day,
    Gerda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all official now!! Glad you're on the team! Your card is super sweet, but I'm especially loving that sentiment. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on becoming a DCD designer. Look forward to seeing all your projects, love the sparkly cupcake and you had a great sentiment to go along with it!! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! love all the glitter on the cupcake very cute and great take on the sketch! I'm a new bloggie friend and can't wait to see more of your projects, I hope you can stop by and say hello:) BTW: very cute blog and blog name:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card. I love the glittery icing.
    Anita
    DT Sister

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.