Thursday, August 2, 2012

Birthday Gift Card Box

I bought a close friend a gift card for a book store (we are both book junkies) in honor of her birthday, but of course I needed a wonderful wrapping for it.
I made a fun box using both my Cricut and Cameo machines. The box is a fun gift card holder box I bought form the Silhouette Store. I removed the Happy Birthday that comes on the lid to add my own instead.
Next, I played in Cricut Craft room with the Out of Character Circle cartridge. It includes some great layered word art and I had never played with it before. I laid everything out and took my time getting the hang of resizing objects on CCR.
4 layers down, 1 to go!
After I layered all my pieces and glued them together I embossed a simple white layer for my lid and put on my "birthday" cut with large glue dots. I had to add my favorite dot the "i" item as well in a little stick on bling!   
I love this fun box and have a feeling I will be making them a lot more. Gift cards are such an easy gift. Hope everyone is ready for a great week.
Inside layer of box with card holder.
Here is the update of my quest to use all my Cricut Cartridges before buying more:
50 States, Block Party, B is for Boy, Campin' Critters, Chore Chart, Christmas, Destinations, Father's Day, Greek Alphabet (CCR), Hoot 'n' Holler, Mr. Frosty (Imagine), Out of Character, Pack Your Bags, Pagoda, Paper Trimmings, Pooh & Friends, Preserves, Savory, Sesame Street Friends, Sophisticated, Summer in ParisSuperman, Thanksgiving Table Decor (CCR), Tie the Knot, When It's Cold Outside


5 comments:

  1. Super cute!! Lee-Ann :)
    Way to go on the cartridge list...I don't even want to think about the ones I haven't used. Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute box. Your friend will, love it. I need to do the cartridge list. I have so many I have never used.

    Hugs
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card/box. What a fab idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty card box..thanks you share it with us as i might need it when design Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card box.I have so many I have never used.
    Wish you share with us.
    Discount card printing

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.