Monday, July 30, 2012

Door Hanger Details - Pink By Design Challenge #1

On Saturday I had a blast working on the challenge projects for Pink By Design Stamps Anniversary. The very first challenge was to create a home decor project and I was stumped, but my daughter had recently asked for a "do not disturb sign" for her door so I went looking and I found a great one and a tutorial at SugarGem.

You need 2 sheets of paper: 12" x 8 3/4" and 6" x 4 3/4" (for the larger piece a double sided paper is best as you will see the back. Once you have the to pieces you need to score and cut:

Larger: 8 3/4" side: 1" & 2" on both sides, 12" side: 1", 2" & 8" (only to the 2" mark in on each side) Cut as seen below.(SugarGem has a great map,but I did not want to copy it). After cutting I used red tape to fold and attach the back of the box.

For the top layer you need to cut a small circle into the top. I used my Creative Memories circle cutter to do that.
Once you have it all together you can add embellishments as you desire and for the PBD challenge I cut out Create-A-Critter flowers with over-sized centers and added stamps from the "All Girl" set.
I also added a bright green ribbon recycled from a cookie bouquet I recently received. Once it was on the door I think my daughter was pleased. I will be sharing a fun card tomorrow for My Cricut Craft Room and finish sharing my project details later this week. Have a great Monday.

3 comments:

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.