Friday, February 10, 2012

Balloon Gift Bag

My daughter had a fun birthday party last weekend and after we picked out the gift she gave me her design ideas for the bag we bought to wrap it in!! She is super sweet when she asks me to create bags for her, but very specific about what it should look like. This one needed a bunch of balloon, ribbon and the words Happy Birthday...oh and it needed to be red, white and pink...hopefully I did okay!!
I cut this bunch of balloons as large as my 12x12 mat would fit them off the Birthday Bash cartridge. Next I cut each balloon layer in a different pattern paper and using the Gypsy and the hide/contour button cut the dots for  one balloon in a white. I decided to emboss the polka dots using Swiss Dots.
After getting the balloons together (which a touch of ribbon on the bottom) I cut out the words using Doodletype (a great cart to work with when going big) and got them onto the bag as well. I had to have some sparkle so my i's got bling stickers and all was well with the world 9according to my daughter who was super happy when all the other girls at the party oohed and ahhed over the bag she gave her gift in!!)
I am adding this project to the Hiding in My Craft Room Color Challenge. The challenge was to use the colors red, white and pink. I meant to post this much earlier than the very last moments of the week, but at least I got it done. Happy times. Also too Really Reasonable Ribbon Ramblings.

Hope everyone is going to have a nice weekend. We have plenty of Valentine work to get done this weekend and a fun family get together so should be nice. Look forward to sharing my Valentines with you soon.

5 comments:

  1. So, so cute! I love the fun balloons and the patterned paper is really cute! Love that you put the child's name on the bag and the gems add a great touch. I'm sure this was a huge hit at the party...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and fun gift bag! Love the bling!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gift bag, its way cute!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbons Pink and Red challenge w/ribbon this week!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! We had a birthday for a Kaitlyn this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good ideas! I like the way you express your idea and the topic you choose. KEep on your sharing! I appreciate it. gourmet packaging

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.