Saturday, January 14, 2012

3 Day Weekend Challenge: Tickle Time Layout

Success! I was able to get two projects done today! If you don't know I am challenging myself to post 2 projects everyday during the 3 day weekend. (I have a smaller challenge for you if you look below!)
For my second project today I did a layout featuring my husband and niece. When we visited Nashville over Thanksgiving they had a small tickle war one morning and I had to capture it on film. All the paper is from K & Company's Snuggle Bug stack and the page was loosely based on the page map below:
After I got all my layers of the paper the way I wanted them I choose to cut the letters using my Tear Drop Cartridge. I also cut a small oval, this time off Ashlyn's Alphabet and a rounded tag from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More. As you can tell I steered away from the page map quite a bit, but it was my inspiration. I also added a stamp from the "Just Breathe" stamp set from Pink By Design. 
I wanted the page to have a little bling so I used my Stickles to cover up the letters and added a few brads using that wondering We R Memory Keepers Brad Setter and Piercing tool I talked about earlier today.   With a little ribbon bow behind the tag I was satisfied...sometimes you can add too much to a page but this one turned out just right.
I am challenging you as well: Complete 3 projects this weekend and you will be entered to win the Cricut Classic Font cartridge that comes with the colored Expressions. Just leave me a post with a link to your projects or send me an email with pics and you will be entered. All entries must be in by midnight CST Monday 1/16) US entries only.

1 comment:

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.