Thursday, December 22, 2011

My First Pillow Box: Gift Card Holder

I have been wanting to make some pillow boxes using the Girl's Makeup Party cartridge (not the only reason I bought it, but close!) and with the holiday here it seemed like the perfect time to do so. Lucky for me a co-worker asked if I could make her a small box for some gift cards she had bought.
Perfect timing = my first pillow box creation!
I cut the pillow box (did not pay attention to the size I cut it..oops) and decided that putting my design on before gluing it together would be best so that I would have a flat surface!
I cut the black string of lights using black vinyl because I did not have a shiny black to match the rest of my papers and it stuck on beautifully. I used my favorite Gypsy feature the hide/contour button to make this cut...It is off 3 Birds on Parade and I did not need the bird!
I cut the lights in 3 colors of pearlized card stock (from 3 different stacks) and also added the name using Boys Will Be Boys for the letters. Once it was all put together I was very pleased with my first box and my coworker was overjoyed with the results. I hope to make some more for my own gift giving purposes this afternoon.
This pillow box means I have checked off one of the challenges on My Pink Stamper's 12 Days of Christmas. All sorts of fun projects relating to the holidays are going on each day and each day she is giving fun little challenges to everyone. For day 8 it was to make something you have never made before...YEAH!! She is giving away some great prizes and you do not need to take part n the challenges to win but they are fun.

2 comments:

  1. looks great. I made 3 of those last week, 2 for gift cards (i cut mine at 4) and one cut at 9 to hold a scarf:) First time for me too. Sadly, I forgot to take pics as I procrastinated and needed them like yesturday lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I forget about using vinyl on intricate cuts! It works awesome! Your pillow box is so creative!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.