Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Bookmarks

I fell in love with these simple angel ornaments and as I started to make some of them I thought that maybe they would look great as part of a bookmark. I wasn't totally sure how I was going to go about this and I had never made a book mark before (while maybe in school). I am still not sure I did everything totally right, but I am happy with the way these look and as far as a bookmark goes...they will work!
I started by cutting out some rectangles using George and Basic Shapes. I used the Gypsy to make these 1.5 x 5.51 each. I glued one green and one red together using my Xyron.
Next I cut out some scallop hearts and "Happy Holidays" using MS Seasonal Cake Art. I glued them on and let them dry while I warmed up my YourStory machine so I could laminate each bookmark. I was not sure if all the edges would adhere around each bookmark, but they turned out great and once they were trimmed and hole punched I was ready for the ribbon.
I made the little angels and than I tied a bow to the top of the bookmarks. They are not perfect, but I am pleased with the results and they will make great gift tags for some of my presents (giving lots of books this year!) Over at Little Scrap Pieces there is a fun holiday challenge. Thanks to Karen for letting me know about it.

4 comments:

  1. what a great idea it's a wonderful bookmark. Having a challenge at my blog this week would love for you to link this up it's a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative! Beautiful bookmarks!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very clever of you. and what a great addition to a book gift.

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.