Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday Bag

My daughter has a fun costume party to go to today for one of her best friend's 5th birthdays.  My daughter picked out some simple wrapping paper for the larger part of the gift, but the smaller part needed a small gift bag so I went to work.

I made the bag as large as I could on a 12x24 mat using Tags, Bags, Boxes and More. Now that I have learned how great the red super sticky tape is, that is what I used to put the bag together. I wanted to bring in the colors and style of the wrapping paper, but wasn't sure how to do that so I just used some of the scraps and wrapped it around the center of the bag. It cuts so well so it was easy to cut and and on with my ATG gun.

Next I selected 5 different 5 cuts from: All Mixed Up, Alphalicious, Cindy Loo, Rock Princess & Songbird and cut them out in silver cardstock. I added the on top of the wrapping paper and tied a fun ribbon onto the whole thing. The Circle Blog's weekly challenge is to make something for someone else and gift bag (which I love making) totally counts. I know my project is pretty simple, but I like it and will share it for the challenge. The best part of the challenges is seeing what everyone creates.
I also made a quick cupcake card using Hello Kitty Greetings which I am posting on the Cooking with Cricut challenge this week (use a cupcake). When I embossed the wrapper paper it sort of ripped which actually made it look more really to me..Funny how that happens. Now off to the fun party. Have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. relly cute.love the gift bag and papers you used.i love cupcakes your card turned out cute.tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out super cute.
    DIANA L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you are the best mummy ever!!! Love them. Cup cake card is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute gift bag and card. Thanks for joining us at CWC. Smooches... Sous Chef Feli'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all. I agree the cupcake wrapper looks more real! Thanks for joining us!

    Debbie
    CWC Design Team Member
    http://workinscrappinmomof4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, that wrapper does really make it! Nice job and great card!
    Thanks for sharing!
    -Kemma, CookingWithCricut Design Team
    mykemmacards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at CWC! Jill from DT♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute and great embossing. Thanks for joining CWC.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super cute set! The card is such a sweet touch! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CookingWithCricut.com

    Melin
    Blog: CookingWithCricut.com
    Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cute bag and that cupcake card - adorable! Thanks for joining us at Cooking with Cricut this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and gift bag, L.B. Too cute! Thanks for linking up at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cupcake! The embossing is wonderful. Thanks for sharing at CWC.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.