Monday, October 24, 2011

Birthday Wishes Card

To tell me what Jacob, the hot scrap assistant should be for Halloween & maybe win some blog candy see the post about his arrival HERE!
My sister is having a birthday very soon so it was time to get my act together and make her card. I have a package to send her and her family for Halloween and I need to put it in the mail tomorrow morning so everything arrives on time. This card will  go right on top for her.

I love all the fun things people do with the tags and pockets so I decided to try my hand at that. I cut my cardstock to the right size and added a backing layer from the Antique Dots paper stack that I am trying to use in a year.
Next came the pocket. I cut a 3 x 4 inch rectangle and scored the 2 longer sides and 1 of the shorter at the 1/2 inch mark. I cut off the square pieces where the marks over lapped and taped it onto my card using the red supertape you can buy anywhere (mine is thermo-o-web).

I cut 10 - 3/4 inch tabs and punched holes in them. I did not have any ribbon so I used some stitching floss and tied it on top of each after writing some fun birthday wishes on each one (my sister loves chocolate if you couldn't tell).
I cut out "birthday wishes" from my Birthday Bash cartridge. I also used my brand new I-rock tool to place a small bit of sparkle to the card. I wrote my own message on the inside for this card. I hope she likes it. If you do please leave me a comment!
Remember Jacob is on his way and prizes will be offered!! You can link to the post about his arrival up above and tell me what costume he should wear for Halloween.

2 comments:

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.