Tuesday, July 12, 2011

So Serious

It seems that lots of people are getting ispiration from sketches and page maps lately. I bought the book Page Maps 2 by Becky Fleck and I have been trying to decided where to start with it. Pages maps are so great in helping you find a starting place for your pages and even cards. Today I had 3 photos I wanted to work with so I looked through my page map cards to find a layout to use.

From Pagemaps 2 by Becky Fleck
This layout had what I was looking for and I used it as my guide to create a page using these fun photos from a night when we were al just relaxing and enjoying being a family. It all started with a new pair of pajamas and some swim goggles and well let's just say we were not being all that serious at all.

The paper is Amerian Crafts Teen collection. For the rest I went with this weeks Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge being held at Tattered Times. The cart for the week is Don Juan so I decided to use that font and some of the symbols for my layout. I even welded a cut from the cart together 4 times to create my side piece.  I also used my fun Shimmer Spritz on the sprials. (I am not sure if you can see it in the photo below I tried to play with the color to show it off!)

2 comments:

  1. So cute. Love the sketch and the layout you made. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That page map idea is great! Your layout looks beautiful! :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.