Saturday, April 23, 2011

Uncle David's Memorial Board

Last week my Mom's brother passed away after living 78 wonderful, happy years. He was pretty much the happiest person I have ever known and will be missed. He had been sick as a young child and developed some mental and physical disabilities that required him to live in nursing home most of his life. We had a quiet memorial at the home he had lived in for over 20 years. My Mom and I put this photo board together to celebrate his life.
As you can see my Uncle wanted to be a cowboy more than anything else. He loved Roy Rogers so we included the phrase, "Happy Trails to You!" as a way of reminding us he will be in a special place now.
With the exception of the pigs, which are from Animal Kingdom, all the other cuts are from the Old West Cartridge that my husband went on Amazon and had shipped overnight so I could have a cowboy and lettering that was just right for this project (bless his heart!).

6 comments:

  1. I love your board, and your DH was super sweet to rush the cart to you! I am also sad to hear about the loss of your loved one. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job. Sorry about your loss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss. What a wonderful tribute to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your lost...a very great thing you did for your uncle...he would have lov it from what you have said of him...Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss... you did an amazing thing for your Uncle... The board looks wonderful.... :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful tribute to your uncle. Memories help to sooth our hearts. I am sorry for your loss, and what a terrific way to keep his memory alive.

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.