Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hello Kitty Gift Bag

I have gotten so into making fun gift bags that I often plan the bag before I know what gift will go inside it and than when I shop for the gift I make sure it will fit in the bag before choosing it. I enjoy the smiles on the faces when I walk in with these hand decorated bags.  
For my best friend's daughter I choose Hello Kitty because her whole room is decorated different in Hello Kitty: bedspread, lamp, wall images and more. My daughter picked out the gift (a Barbi set!) for her friend and than choose what color bag to get, of course it was pink. I choose these fun cuts all from Hello Kitty Greetings and Hello Kitty Font to make the perfect gift bag for the new 5-year-old.
I have found when cutting characters I make the best use of my paper as well. I make sure to measure out what I will need for the different pieces and cut the paper to place in the right section on my mat. I cut 4-5 colors at once which means more time saved and more projects get done.

6 comments:

  1. You know I have never decorated a gift bag, what a Great Idea!!! The Hello Kitty bag turned out really cute:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww this bag turned out really great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Hello Kitty head at the top. That's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh so cute. Totally love Hello Kitty =) Thank you so much for your comment. I am now also a follower of yours, and looking forwards to seeing more of your wonderful creations =)

    Hugs from Lilli =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect for a Hello Kitty fan!! I'm sure your friend's daughter will be just delighted. The images work so well with the pink bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After seeing another adorable gift bag you've made I'm gonna have to make one! They just look like fun! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.