Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Puppet Beginning

I fell in love with the puppets that Kristen Swain created for Fairytale and Folklore week at the Cricut Circle Blog. She made a wonderful puppet theater and several fairytale puppets for her daughter to play with. They were so beautiful and you could tell in the photos her daughter was excited as well.

I knew that I wanted to make these for my 4-year-old daughter as well.  I bought the board and teased her with it saying it was a new toy just for her. She gave me those eyes that say, "Mommy who are you trying to kid!"  When I showed her Kristen's puppets she started screaming with delight and asking if that is what I was going to make her.  I said, "I told you the board was a new toy for you!"

I have decided to move slowly with these and am focusing on 1 or 2 at a time so that I can do my best. My daughter said she would like to have the princesses and princes as well, but she also asked for mermaids and that is where I decided to start. All these cuts are from Paper Doll Dress Up or Everyday Paper Dolls (the braided looking hair only). I cut the dolls at a little over 5 1/2 inches and made sure everything else is the same coordinating size.

I am pretty basic when it comes to tools so I do not have the cool spray ink that was seen on the Circle Blog puppets. I cut everything except the body with paper from my scarp bin. I also bought some Crayola Glitter pens to add some enhancements rather that use my loose glitter and have a huge clean-up  My daughter was very excited about these first two puppets (which I will use as my entry in the Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge: Ceate a project using something from fairytales or folklore) and I will share the rest when I have completed the entire project!

4 comments:

  1. adorable puppets! thank you for your kind comment on my blog. the paper on the teapot was created with cream paper and stickerz from ead designs.
    liz at lizspaperloft.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. heehee These are the cutest 'puppets'!! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your mermaids! I love how each one has its own personality! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I am soooosoo soooo Excited that you are creating those puppets! ok- totally thrilled that I helped to inspire you. these are so adorable! I love them. If you are looking for a great glitter spray- it works on paper and fabric- Tulip makes a clear glitter spray - I have found tons of uses for it, and it washes really well too ( I glittered my girls jeans with it) with a Coupon you could pay around $5 for it, and the dolls would be super sparkly.
    hth! and thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.