Monday, February 14, 2011

All I Want Is You Card

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

My husband and I are not really into Valentine's Day and usually do not exchange gifts or cards, but seeing as I started making my own cards this year I decided that making him a card would be fun and I knew he would like it. It took me awhile to decide what I wanted to do for him because I did not want  it to be too cute or over the top romantic. After seeing what other people had done for the Circut Circle Blog Weekly Challenge (to make a love note basically) I hit on inspiration.

Our favorite band is U2 and we have been to see them several times..even traveled to Hawaii once to see them.  When we first started dating the song we sort of picked as our own was "All I Want Is You". I pulled up the lyrics and from there came my card. The song starts like this...
"You say you want diamonds on a ring of gold
You say you want your story to remain untold
But all the promises we make from the cradle to the grave
When all I want is you"


I think you can see where my thought process for the card came from. I used Billionaire for the words and the money on the front. I created the "do not" signs using George and Basic Shapes on the Gypsy because  I do not have the Street Signs cart with this on it. The flowers are from Cindy Loo and the diamond is on the Hannah Montana cartridge. I Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Please leave me a note if you stopped by to see my card.  I love hearing  from people!!

4 comments:

  1. Perfect Card for today, in our household. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment on my page - it's always fun to see that other folks are checking out your random thoughts and creations :)

    I <3 your card! Soooo clever and I like the non-traditional V-day colors. So it's not only clever, but also tres chic and unique.

    Great work and good luck on this week's contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so sweet. I told my hubby the same thing, but not in that cute of a way. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.