Sunday, August 15, 2010

Crazy Card Day

Cindy Loo: Thanks & frame
I have decided that I like making cards.  I REALLY like it.  I am finding all sorts of new ways to be creative and know that this is going to be something I continue to explore.  My mother-in-law was here this weekend. I showed her the first cards I made and she was pretty excited about this new creative venture so she took a peak at my cartridge wish list and I got two treats before she left: Rock Princess & "Just Because" Cards (thanks JoAnn's for the awesome sale and an extra 20% off with teacher discount!!).

This morning I knew I wanted to make a "thank you" card for my mother-in-law. I also wanted to play with the new cartridges and see what else I could do with them. I had so much fun and am happy with the results.  I made 8 cards this afternoon (for the August Challenge I brought my cartridge use total up to 25!!)

I made 6 cards all with the same theme to use at the start of the school year. This year our theme for Back-2-School is "Rock Your Learning" I wanted to have some cards to give to  my co-workers who are always so helpful.
Rock Princess: Guitar and Rock Star
Walk In My Garden: Thinking of You
I also used Design Studio to see if I could weld a word to the top of a card and it worked out pretty good. I basically did what I learned from the tutorials for making a word book, but with the word welded to the bottom of the card. I wasn't so sure it would work, but it is one of those ideas that gets into your head right before you go to sleep at night and it completely bugs you until you try it out. I have seen so many beautiful cards that I am sure I must have seen this done, but could not remember and had to try it out.


All cards & envelopes were made with
Just Because Cards 
It may sound funny funny, but I think I like making envelopes the best. I used bright and colorful patterns and just stuck white labels on them so the postman doesn't want to hit me. I think if I was getting one of these in the mail that just seeing the envelope would make me smile because I would be pretty sure it wasn't a bill or junk.

I have jury duty tomorrow morning and it will be a busy back to school week.  Teachers report on Friday for meetings and the new class of 8th graders arrive next Tuesday.  I am getting really excited, but know it will cut my scraping time back. I hope everyone has a great week. Thanks for stopping by to see things the way I see them.

2 comments:

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.